3 Signs Your Home May be Contaminated with Mold
Mold is a homeowner’s worst nightmare. Not only is it unsightly, it can a costly and dangerous problem. The problem is that most homeowners aren’t even aware that mold is already lurking within their home.
If you suspect that there is mold in your home, it is important to clean it and address the problem as early as possible. If you can find mold before it becomes a major problem, remediation will be much easier to complete.
Listed below are 3 signs that may indicate that your home may be contaminated with mold. Be on the lookout for signs of a possible mold infestation.
Visual indicators of mold growth
If you can see mold, then that’s an obvious sign that you have mold growing in your home. However, some people don’t notice small patches of mold and think they’re just dirt.
Molds tend to grow and spread fast, especially when moisture is present. The mere fact that you see small spots of mold, it means that your home provides an ideal environment for mold growth. Don’t ignore it. Get rid of it fast to prevent it from spreading.
Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you notice a musty smell in your home, it means that you already have a mold problem. This is a sign that you should take action.
Walk through your home and try to find the source of the problem. If an area in your home persistently smells musty, focus on that area and try to find out where the mold is.
Hire a mold remediation expert immediately to help you get rid of molds, especially if they are in an unreachable area like behind the walls.
Exposure to mold can cause allergic symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, itchy skin, puffy eyes and even asthma. If your symptoms tend to flare up whenever you’re at home and feel better when you’re away, there’s a good chance that mold may be what’s causing the allergy.