logob
Oct02

4 Signs There is Mold in Your House

4 Signs There is Mold in Your House

Most people are aware of the dangers of mold to our health. Aside from being a health hazard, it can also negatively affect the value of your Denver Colorado home. The problem is that most people aren’t even aware that mold is present in their Denver home.

Here are 4 signs there is mold in your Denver Colorado house.

There’s a musty odor

Just because there are no visible signs of mold, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your Denver home is mold-free. Sometimes, you can’t see it but you can smell it. Often, a musty, moldy odor is the only clue that mold is present in your home.

Your allergies never subside

Exposure to mold can trigger an allergic reaction. Symptoms often include sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy throat, puffy eyes, and skin irritation. If you usually experience allergic symptoms every time you’re at home, and the symptoms seem to go away when you leave the house, mold exposure may be the cause of the problem.

You notice dark spots on your wall

If you notice some dark spots on your wall, then you know you have a problem. The question is, how much. Just because you only see few spots on the wall, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the mold growth is limited to that area. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Address the problem immediately as soon as you find out there is mold in your house. The last thing you want is for molds to spread in different parts of your home. Not only is it costly, it can also pose a threat to the health of your family.

There is a leak in your home

Most people assume the leaks are a minor problem. Some people would just ignore that dripping sound, thinking it’s not that big of a deal. But if left unaddressed, it can lead to bigger, more complicated problems.

According to the U.S. EPA, a leaky faucet can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water per year. It can also lead to mold growth. Damp and wet environment provide the perfect condition for mold to thrive. If you failed to address leak problems, chances are there is mold present in your home.